The Crazy Life of a Crazy Real Estate Heiress

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Poor Unfortunate D.

A tenant came to D.'s office yesterday to inform her that she'd soon be moving out. My sister just laughed and said that the only way you could terminate your lease is if you bought the apartment back from our family.

"The only way to get what you want is to become a landlady yourself," D. said.

The tenant glared at my sister with suspicion. "Can you do that?"

"My dear, sweet child," D. said. "That's what I do. It's what I live for. To help unfortunate tenants like yourself. Poor souls with no one else to turn to."

It was D. who then brought up the subject of payment. "I'm not asking much," my sister said. "Just a token, really, a trifle! What I want from you is - your voice."

The tenant objected, of course, and fled from the room. Whatever - D.'s a very busy woman and she hasn't got all day. An apartment at the Manor doesn't cost much. Just your voice!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:18 AM, Blogger Sam said…

    HAHAHA! This is, without exaggeration, the funniest thing I have ever read. Will Little Mermaid jokes EVER get old?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home