The Crazy Life of a Crazy Real Estate Heiress

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

"Tile" Death Do Us Part

It took me nearly 15 minutes to re-tile a tenant's bathroom yesterday - much longer than I had anticipated. My sister at first instructed me to use the leftover self-sticking linoleum we had lying around from when we "repaired" the roof, but then she changed her mind and insisted on using the bones of deceased residents. (D. and recycling? Who knew!)

I was annoyed by D.'s change of heart, but it turns out that the new flooring looks very nice - white, but not too white. After all, the bones belonged to a black man.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I find it difficult to believe that your sister would knowingly rent an apartment to a black person. What's next, Jews? Puerto Ricans? It's a slippery slope . . .

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger Landlady Bing said…

    Perhaps. But she will NEVER rent to the disabled.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home