The Crazy Life of a Crazy Real Estate Heiress

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Holidays

My sister's favorite holiday is Landladies Day (the first of each month) because all the tenants give her gifts and she doesn't have to give anything in return. I suppose that's a bit selfish, but D. has always said it's far better to receive than to give - unless by "give" you mean "give a tenant 30 days' notice of a $47 rent increase." In that sense, D. has practically given away the store!

Not surprisingly, my sister's least favorite holiday is Mothers Day - and not just because it falls right smack in the middle of the month (the doldrums of any landlady's financial calendar). Rather, D. hates Mothers Day because she is nobody's mother and therefore cannot expect to receive a present of any kind. I should get her something this year - perhaps a baby? There's a whole shitload of 'em on the third floor.

Speaking of Mothers Day, I wonder whatever happened to my own mother. Her body's in my apartment somewhere, I just have to retrace my steps, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home