The Crazy Life of a Crazy Real Estate Heiress

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

A hard day's work

I apologize for updating so late in the day; the second of every month is always a busy time here at the Manor, as you might imagine.

At 11:59 p.m. yesterday, I headed down to the lobby with my sister to inspect the avalanche of rent checks that awaited us just behind her office's golden mail slot. As D. stood at a safe distance, I approached the door in full riot gear, bracing myself for the impact of more than $75,000 worth of checks. Luck was on my side this month; I suffered only minor cuts and bleeding. The great news is that D. now owes me a whole Salmon P. Chase; she bet $10,000 that I'd sustain internal injuries! Not this time, Sis. Not this time.

Once I heaved open the door, I waited for D.'s return from the Home Depot in Hyattsville, where my sister was picking up a few day laborers to assist her in transporting all the checks from the vestibule to the office. Due to the previous day's protest, the laborers were well-rested and unusually vigorous in their toil. D. gave each of them a gold coin from her velvet satchel, partly as a reward for their work, but mostly because her satchel was getting too heavy from the weight of her unfathomable wealth.

*Yawn* The checks are on their way to Sweden, and I am on my way to bed. The withdrawal won't appear in the tenants' checking accounts until at least the 20th - just in time for the next month's rent!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bitch still hasn't cashed any of the checks I gave her. She insn't on the first months rent with the application and the security deposit three days later with the lease. Well, D lets the money sit in my checking account. She teases me with false wealth.

     
  • At 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That comment was left by Shank, did not mean to hit anonymous.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home