The Crazy Life of a Crazy Real Estate Heiress

Monday, September 25, 2006

Country Road.

My sister spent the weekend at her country estate. I made her a mix tape of some of her favorite songs. As a symbol of my love I even wrote out the lyrics. D got mad because her Benz convertible doesn't take cassette tapes. I don't have access to the better technology. D laughed at my efforts and drove over the mix tape and the lyrics with her car the tires (17 inch rims) destroyed all my hard work. I need to find better ways to show D my affection.

I have included some of D's favorite lyrics for your enjoyment.

Take Me Home, Country Roads

Almost heaven, West Virginia
Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Life is old there, older than the trees
Younger than the mountains, blowing like a breeze

Country roads, take me home to the place I belong
West Virginia, mountain mama, take me home, country roads.


West Virginia, Chose Me

But a few of us are staying
And it's not a point of choice
It's not we who do the choosing
We are chosen by the place
And West Virginia chose me
Sure as my own mother knows me
If I leave you, West Virginia,
It don't matter where I roam
I don't know where I'm going
But I know I'm coming home


I Can't Ever Leave
The sun’s high above West Virginia
Drives all the shadows from the land
My chin in my hands
My heart on my sleeve
So far away but I can’t ever leave West Virginia

1 Comments:

  • At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's great to have you back, Lady B.!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home