The Crazy Life of a Crazy Real Estate Heiress

Friday, May 12, 2006

The Tell-tale Tenant

Is it Friday yet? Oh my, it is! Well, thank goodness for that - it's been quite a week for me.

A few days ago, the tenants of No. 202 called my sister to report some sort of liquid dripping down the walls of their bathroom. I couldn't hear what the tenants were saying, but judging from D.'s incessant eyeball-rolling, I could tell this was going to be a big hassle - that is to say, a big hassle not for my sister, but for me.

D. instructed me to "get on it" but didn't bother to elaborate. Whatever - I probably should have called a plumber or something, but I figured I could handle the problem myself.

So, I went up to the apartment above No. 202 to see if the leak was stemming from the shower or toilet. I looked around the bathroom, but nothing jumped out at me... until I began to listen. I could hear a faint heartbeat coming from beneath the tile floor. I paused, and the noise became louder and louder. Soon my ears were ringing and I lost control and began tearing up the tile and clawing my way to the terrible, terrible noise!

Of course, nothing was there and I felt like a real idiot. I threw down a piece of plywood and some duct tape, hopefully the tenants won't notice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home