The Crazy Life of a Crazy Real Estate Heiress

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I'll have to buy some curtains, I guess

Well, I have some good news and some bad news. Which would you like first? Okay, I'll go with the good news first!

The good news: I'm finally getting a place of my own! That's right - I'm in the process of moving my things (two jumpers, a pair of lavender corduroys, and half a bunk-bed - that's basically it) out my sister's palatial fifth floor apartment and into a modest but cozy seven-bedroom/three-bathroom flat just two floors below. For the first time in my 200ish years on this planet (a true landlady never reveals her age!), I'm on my own - what a feeling! It's totally worth the $100 move-in fee, if you ask me.

Okay, and now for the bad news: The only reason D. allowed me to move out is because she believes my living on the top floor poses a potential threat to my health. Unfortunately, there were no ground-level apartments available, so my sister stuck me on the third floor - she called it a "compromise." At least she won't have to keep her windows bolted shut in the summer anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home