The Crazy Life of a Crazy Real Estate Heiress

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

First date!

Want to hear some gossip? Just promise you won't tell!

So, my sister had a "date" last night, hehe. Okay, so it wasn't really a date; she was just meeting a prospective tenant and giving her a tour of the building. But D. calls these meetings "dates" and instructs her personal assistant to enter them into her calendar as such.

Now, I know curiousity killed the previous tenants of No. 403, but I couldn't help but follow my sister as she gave a college-aged girl her "dog-and-pony show", as D. calls it. First stop: The lobby. My sister expertly dismissed the broken glass as an "isolated incident" that a tenant will be paying for "in more ways than one." I'm not sure what D. meant by that, but at least she didn't spill the beans on my suicide attempt. You know, I don't give D. enough credit when it comes to her loyalty as my sister.

The second stop: No. 402. Yes, I know that No. 403 is the vacant apartment, but D. only likes to give tours of occupied apartments so that prospective tenants can experience a more expressive, "lived in" tour. The tenants of No. 402 didn't seem to mind; they just sat in their living room, stifling their screams and hoping that D. wouldn't notice the conspicuous absense of area rugs. Talk about the pink elephant in the room! Of course, D. notices everything, so I'm sure an eviction notice is already on its way.

The final stop: My sister's office. It was rather messy; our nephew is in the process of fixing our mainframe computer, which houses our property mismanagement software but takes up nearly half the office. D. seemed frazzled, but when she spotted a signed rent-plus-security-deposit-plus-move-in-fee check in the prospective tenant's bag, her eyes lit up and flooded the office with a divine, blinding light. Looks like someone's going shopping tomorrow!

(If you're wondering how I followed my sister around, it's because I morphed into a gold coin and situated myself in D.'s back pocket. I know she's always spying on me, so I don't feel guilty.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home